Thursday, September 26, 2013

DIY Vinyl Wall Decals

I don't know by definition if you would classify this as a DIY since Cricut did most of the work but still someone had to push the buttons and tis I!

I love this quote, I think it's perfect for my bathroom and I think at one point I did stumble across this vinyl quote in my shopping (Hobby Lobby, I think) but I didn't quite like the font or the layout so I decided to do my own.


Here are the tools and quick/easy instruction:

Cricut Vinyl paper
Cricut Transfer paper (tricky)
"Be your own kind of"  Nate's ABC
Size: "B" 3/12 and the rest in 2 1/2
"Beautiful" Sophisticated
Size: 8 3/4

Once you have your words cut out apply transfer paper.
My transfer paper experience was....meh.  I ended up peeling it off ever so carefully with rubbing each letter on the wall as I was peeling.  Tedious but have patience.  The outcome is beautiful.  ;)

OH and the star I found at a flea market....sorry!!!  But I'm sure Hobby Lobby has or you can be creative with a cardboard one from Michaels. :)

Enjoy mucho!




No comments:

Post a Comment