Wednesday, September 4, 2013

DIY NO SEW Shower Curtain

This was an awesome project because the sewing machine and I...as I've stated before...we have a love-hate relationship.  So the less I'm around it....the better!!  =)))

My shower curtain....I couldn't quite find a pattern or color that I liked in the shower curtain selection that I searched BUT I was able to find the perfect sheet set in the color and pattern that I did like...what is a diy girl to do?!?!

Well...first I bought the sheet set at Macy's for like 18 dollars...super cheap!  (Queen size)
Then...I bought NO SEW grommets at Michaels Arts & Crafts.  (Brilliant)
and then I figured out the measurements between each grommet (approx. 10 in)
I marked the circle (provided with grommets)
Cut and snap these puppies in!  So awesome!




As for the hem.....well the sheet was a bit too long for what I wanted in my shower so I cut it to desired length with leaving a half inch to hem.   Dum dum dum...hem = sewing machine.  Ah...but not always.

Once again, Michaels Arts and Crafts come to my rescue with Heat n Bond Ultrahold iron-on adhesive.
All I needed was an iron and maybe some pins just to keep things straight.





Voila....very proud of my bathroom so far!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I. Love. This. I can't sew worth a darn so this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete