Monday, June 16, 2014

DIY Todder Pillowcase Dress

Last year I worked on a really cute black and white bandana dress with yellow ribbons.
This year I definitely wanted to make a few more of these and tweak it a little (adventerous!)
I started with the Owl Dress....I found the fabric in quarters 18x20 at JoAnn's Fabric.  Immediately when I saw the colors and such I knew I wanted to incorporate crochet in this dress how ever possible.

The Yoke is no Yoke.

I couldn't find a pattern that I quite liked so I decided to invent a yoke of my own.  I started with a Single Crochet Foundation chain (first color).  First time attempting and it wasn't difficult to do and then for the second row (second color) just a line of SC and for the 3rd and 4th row (third color) I did a *3dc, ch, 3dc, sk3, sc, sk3 and repeat *
5th &6th rows I did a SC across (first two colors)

Then I sewed the Yoke on by hand once I had the dress hemmed.

Any questions please feel free to inbox me =)

No comments:

Post a Comment